Read to me :
Life is filled with unhappy events. Think of a unhappy event in your life. Perhaps you have a argument at work. Perhaps you are scolded by your boss. Perhaps your children are disobedient. Think about the unhappy event for a while. Now tilt your head downwards until your chin almost touch your chest. Do you notice a sore feeling somewhere at your chest or at your stomach area? Why?
Whenever you think of something unhappy, you transform that thought energy into an energy in your physical body. As long as you don’t release this energy, the energy will accumulated in your body until it finds a way out. Some people vent the energy through anger. Others released the energy through ulcers and illnesses.
There are many ways to release this energy without hurting yourself or others. One way is Emotional Freedom Technique. EFT is a method created by Gary Craig to release the negative emotion that is within you. You can release your headaches, migraines, fear, anxiety and even your phobia. Other people also use it to achieve goals, aid their recovery from illnesses and loose weight.
Let’s learn how to do it.
- Think of a feeling, headache or pain you want to release. You may have a headache or a craving for food. If you are to give this feeling a number from 1 to 10 (1 is lowest and 10 is the worst), which number will you give? Remember this number.
- Formulate a sentence using "Even though I ……………….., I totally and completely love and accept myself. An example is "Even though I have an headache, I totally and completely love and accept myself."
- Shorten the sentence in part 2. For example, if I want to clear my headache, my short sentence will just be "headache".
- Now tap on the side of the hand at the "KC" position while repeating the sentence in part 2, three times. "KC" stands for "Karate Chop".
- Next tap on the positions on your face in the order (EB, SE, UE, UN, CH) and your body (CB, UA) while repeating the short sentence in part 3. You need to tap at least 7 times on each point.
- Repeat step 5 as many times as you want. I tend to repeat step 5 at least three times.
- Now examine your feeling, headache or pain. Now give it a number from 1 to 10. Is it better? If you have not reduce the feeling or pain to a level you want, you can repeat the whole process again.
EFT is created based on the same theory as acupuncture. Instead of using needles in acupuncture to tap into your meridian in your body, you are using pressure to do the same.
At first I am doubtful about EFT. I tried on my headache and immediately I reduce the pain. I tried a few times a day for the next few days and now my headache no longer bothers me. If my headache comes back (maybe due to my diet or stress), I will use EFT again to tap it away. Try it to believe it.
There are some video from Youtube on how to do EFT. Happy tapping. You can also download the EFT ebook at http://www.emofree.com/downloadeftmanual.asp